Still here, still waiting!

Hello, everyone!

It's been quite a while since I posted, and I wanted to say hello to all of you!

As of 3/23/12, it will be 90 days since we received pre-approval for our precious daughter. Each day our longing for her grows. I am praying we receive our LOA (Letter of Approval) from China ASAP so we can get this show on the road! After LOA comes the i800 process (next step for US), then finally...TA...travel approval from China to go get our little munchkin! She is now 15 months old.

Meanwhile, we continue to work full-time (oh my goodness, it is HARD to stay focused), pastor our amazing church of amazing people, and get our house ready for our precious girl. We have the nursery pretty-much done (I'll post pix this weekend)—we just need to frame two pictures, get the dresser/changing table from my sister-in-law, and buy curtains. In other news, Andrew is also building a gate for the top of the stairs by the living room.

I have a long "nesting" list of things I'd like to do before our girl comes...cleaning out closets, do a spring yard sale, etc., etc. I'm making my way through the list while I also do other things like keep up with the bills and do laundry and take care of myself!

Did I mention how amazing our church is? Well, they are giving us a three-month sabbatical starting from when we head to China to get our daughter. How ridiculously cool is that??? We are going to have a precious time together becoming a family of three! It will be weird to go to church but not preach, or teach in the kid's class, or lead prayer house sessions, or any of the other things (that we get to do, and are so honored to do!). We will just go to church as a family, and enjoy being a part of the church family!! That will be a blessing!!

As we wait for our sweet girl, we most of all are drawing near to Jesus, thanking Him for His incredible presence, and thanking Him that He first adopted us. We are His adopted son and daughter. When we hold our baby girl in our arms, we may possibly know for the first time, what it was like for our heavenly Father to hold us in His arms the first time we invited Him into our hearts.

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, 
but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 
“Abba, Father.”
—Romans 8:15

To my dear heavenly Father: It is so great to be your daughter.

With love,
Heather

7 comments:

  1. Heather! This brought tears to my eyes! You are so right- this journey has opened my eyes to the deeper relationship I have with our Father! I will be praying for a SPEEDY process- You are in the home stretch!!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a beauty. Those chubby cheeks are wonderful! Love it! Best of luck through the waiting... So hard, so worth it (as you know)...

    Suzie from RQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzie! Nice to meet you, nice to see you, nice to receive the hope! :)
      Heather

      Delete
  3. Thanks for following my blog. I look forward to following your journey to China for that precious little girl. You're church is awesome, a 3month sabbatical sounds wonderful and will really give you some needed bonding family time. Many blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,

    I am so excited and still praying. I understand how hard the wait is....believe me I understand. So am so glad to hear that you are pulling closer the the Father and understanding how beloved you are in your own adoption. May I suggest...if you have a little restless time on your hands...reading ''Toddler Adoption..The Weaver's Craft''. Has a lot of good things in there to think about when adopting a toddler.

    I am so happy that your church is honoring you guys with that time. What a blessing the family of God is. I am sure they feel the same way about you that you do about them.

    I can not wait to hear the rest of the story....I can not wait to see the pictures....I can not wait until there is one less orphan and she is in your arms.

    Praying from Sweden,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Laurie! Thank you so much! It is soooo incredible to hear from someone who has come full circle! I was thinking today that rather than spend any more time fretting, I just need to keep getting our house ready, reading the books on adoption we have (and I'll add your suggestion to the list), and enjoying this time together just the two of us. And most of all...spending more time with Jesus enjoying Him, worshiping Him, drawing near to Him, and thanking Him for our precious girl who will soon be in our arms!!
      Lots of love,
      Heather

      Delete