Trust, Time and Today

Life seems to be about learning to trust God, and adoption certainly is full of that!

In the last two weeks, there have been reports that Nepal's inter-country adoption process is unethical. UNICEF and Terres de hommes (both anti-international adoption organizations), citing a report from Hague amongst other things, say that Nepal should suspend their program to ensure ethical practices, practices free from child trafficking possibilities.

The sad part is that the information they used is old and outdated, and full of inaccuracies. And, the reports do not mention the excellent "Terms and Conditions" Nepal instituted as of Jan. 1, 2009, to further ensure an ethical process free of inconsistencies or mistakes. The reports make no mention of what the Nepal government has done to make their program what it should be.

But the saddest part of all is that, because of these reports, Germany and Sweden have suspended Nepal adoptions for their countries. And, Canada will not issue entry Visas for adopted Nepalese children. Therefore, Canadian citizens cannot accept Nepalese referrals because Canada will not let the child into their country after they're adopted.

These suspensions took place based on reports that had false and inaccurate information.

My heart aches for the people I've met through my Yahoo Nepal group that are German, Swedish and Canadian. These prospective adoptive parents have become my friends. They've shared their hopes, they've dreamed of their Nepalese beauties, they've been vulnerable, and now their hopes and dreams are on hold. One of my Swedish friends, who has a Nepalese son and was waiting to be matched with her Nepalese daughter, posted on her blog, "The ending of a dream and a really HARD day." I'm asking the Lord to intervene for these friends, these waiting parents. I can't help but pray those prayers. He can do the impossible, so I'm asking for what's currently impossible.

In the midst of all this, fear has attempted to claim parts of me. But I am finding that Jesus won't allow it. He says to me, "Choose trust instead." I increasingly grow in my love for Him...so how can I not trust Him? How can I choose fear instead? "There is not fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involved torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."*

He is love. And if I'm in Him, I'm in His love. Fear can have no hold. And when it tries, I just go deeper into Him.

In my next post, I'll talk about some rebuttals to the UNICEF and Terres de hommes reports. The rebuttals are amazing and full of actual facts.

But for this post, I don't want to focus on that. I want to focus on the fact that today, with the time I'm given every day, I'm choosing to trust. I have no reason not to.

*1 John 4:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment