23 months old

Our beautiful daughter turned 23 months old on Nov. 7. It's hard to believe in less than a month, she'll be two!

Abi says several words now, which is exciting! Baba, Mama, Yéyé (grandpa on dad's side), Nǎinai (grandma on dad's side), Popo (grandma on mom's side), baby, puppy, Ada (her weekly playdate friend), bear, ball, uh-oh, yummy, yea, moo, ruff-ruff, water, walla ("finished" in mandarin) and I can't think of what else. But she understands so much more than she speaks. I can ask her just about anything, and she responds to be what I'm asking like, "Where's your toothbrush?" "Grab your shoes, let's go!" "Are you hungry?" "Would you like some water?" "Can I have a hug?" "Can I have a kiss?" etc.

She has gained a lot of momentum with using her right arm and hand. Our occupational therapists are great, but most of all - Abi is super-smart and catches on quick. :) And yes, I'm biased. :)

She is running a lot, can climb the stairs well and go down them good too, she's kicking the ball now rather than just rolling or throwing it, and she likes to color more these days as well. She especially likes to sit at her little desk and color. So cute!!







Abi also loves her mama. :) We are buddies, and I often call us "thunder and lightening" because we are so much the same. She is intense, extreme and everything she does is with all of her heart...the good, the bad, and the ugly. :) I know I'm raising a revivalist and world-changer, and I hope she'll let me follow her around the earth someday. :) 

Abi loves her baba too. She says his name many, many times throughout the day. She is often looking for him, and we'll look at his picture so she can smile and see him. Sometimes we'll pop into his work, which is always fun.
Abi is a very happy girl and she has a super-fun personality. She is always laughing at us or with us, or teasing us. She also likes to play rough and tough...the higher you can throw her in the air, the better. She LOVES music and we dance and sing together all the time, and worship Jesus together too. 

Abi has a fun imagination, and we pretend things all the time. She feeds me or her babies and stuffed animals with food she has "made." She also puts me to bed (or her stuffed animals, or all of us). She'll have me lay down, then she'll cover me with a blanket, pat my belly or back, then say "Bye!" She'll also have me do the same, but she'll want me to leave the room as if she's really going to sleep, then come right back in and say, "Good morning!" She also likes to take her purse, her keys, put her shoes on and head out the door pretending she is going somewhere.

She also loves DVDs, though we don't let her have a lot of screen time right now (I don't think we ever will). :) But when we do, she loves the worship DVD from Jesus Culture, and the "Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss." Here she is watching Dr. Seuss. I had put her in the living room play area with this portable DVD to watch Dr. Seuss while I was finishing making dinner, and the next thing I know, she had moved herself and the DVD to her desk. :)

Turned and looked at the camera...

...then back to Dr. Seuss. :)
We continue to grow together as a family, and fall deeper in love with our daughter daily. I hardly remember life before Abi. While we had a full life, it certainly wasn't as fun or complete! I simply can't imagine life without this beautiful, hilarious, adventurous, smart, sassy, darling, imaginative, loving person. Thank you, Jesus, for this precious gift!

3 comments:

  1. Heather this post makes me SO happy! What a beautiful update on God's redemptive love! She is absolutely precious!

    (((hugs)))
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great when dreams come true! Thanks for the Christmas card and letter. I'm glad you and your family are well :)

    ReplyDelete