Welcome home, Mandy!

Our beloved friend, Mandy Potter, arrived home on Nov. 5 from seven months of mission work in South America. The entire Potter family is sooo precious to us, and not only did Steve and Kari (Mandy's parents) allow me to drive with them to the aiport to pick up Mandy, but they invited Andrew and I over for their family dinner the next night, on Nov. 6.

Abigail has been looking at Mandy's pictures on our fridge for many months now. She pointed them out without me saying anything. She'd carry them around and kiss and hug them. She somehow knew how special this Miss Mandy is to us. And clearly, Mandy was already becoming special to her. So it was really fun for the two of them to finally meet. :) Here she is hugging Mandy's picture on Mandy's birthday - Aug. 22! This was not planned, just something she wanted to do. Wow.

Abi hugging Mandy on her birthday before she got to meet her.
 
Welcome home, sweet Mandy!

Mandy on the left, Abi in the middle with Uncle Steve, and Amber on the right. (PS: I can't handle how stinkin' cute Abi Mei is with her head-top ponytail!!) The beautiful, beloved Kari is missing from this picture as she is the one taking it! We will need to remedy that next time. :)

Us and Mandy. Queue song: "Reunited and it feels so good..." :)

Big hug for Uncle Steve!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came across your blog for the first time today and could NOT believe my eyes when I saw your daughter......she looks exactly like my daughter (also adopted from Wuhan). Our Hannah just turned 7 yrs old and came home in June:) The resemblance is uncanny! If you get a minute, shoot me an email rjrh_roark@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete