Certified documents received from Secretary of State




What an exciting day! State certification on all of your notarized documents is a requirement for the adoption process for proof that the notaries you used are legal. We sent 31 notarized documents to the Secretary of State for certification on Thursday, Nov. 19. On Friday, Nov. 20, the department called me and said they would process them right away since they knew we were on a tight timeframe. We got them back the very next day - Saturday, Nov. 21! And they look amazing! The Secretary of State seal, and signature, is so cool. Thank you, Sam Reed and your staff!

We have 5 more to send for certification. I need to send my birth certificate's (must have two) to Idaho for certification, and then our marriage certificate's (must have two) to Oregon to certify. (These couldn't be certified by Washington because they must be certified in the state where the events took place.) I'll send these on Monday (Nov. 23). Then, once I get our USCIS approval, I need to get that notarized, then sent for certification. Also, there were two of the 31 I received back today that didn't have the gold seal on them for some reason. So, I'll send those back with the USCIS document. No biggie.

We're getting soooo close to having our dossier done! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. There is sooo much paper work involved in this process! I commend you for being so diligent and patient throughout this undoubtedly, arduous process. The Lord will reward you for your diligence. And soon, very soon, you will have your baby(babies) in your arms and it will have been worth everything you've gone through!!! Hang in there Mama,(and Daddy, too!) the finish line is in sight! We love you guys and can't wait to bless you & your little one(s)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...it's unreal what we have to go through to have a child. I think it is totally off the wall but both you and I WILL be rewarded someday....and O' what a time that will be. A dream come true!! Thinking of you everyday:)

    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete