Nepal Program Update: Good news on the horizon

I’m a part of two Yahoo! adoption groups. One is through my agency, Adoption Ark. The other is one that someone created awhile ago for people that are adopting from Nepal from all over the world! The Yahoo! group is called, “nepaladopt”. Through this group, I’ve met people from Italy, France, UK, Sweden, Norway, Canada and the USA. It’s great!

There are several prospective adoptive parents (PAPs) in this group that have been waiting to be matched to their child since January 2009. Worse yet, there are a few people that have been waiting three and four years! Part of this is because they submitted their dossier before 2008, which is when Nepal closed their program. Nepal re-opened in January 2009.

At any rate, because of the long wait, and political unrest, I asked my case manager at Adoption Ark if she had an understanding of why the referrals were taking so long, and what their experience has been with Nepal. I shared that we were not told that it would take so long to be matched when we signed in to the program, and it concerned me that other families (with other agencies) are having to wait so long.

My case manager answered my questions. In a nutshell:

• This isn't true. There may be some case who applied earlier, and then the adoption program closed for about two years. It re-opened in January 2009, and now it won't take that long. If everything goes well, the PAPs will receive their referral by December 2009.
• The Ministry has given special orders to complete all the cases ASAP.

Such wonderful news to this prospective adoptive mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to find the best way I could to tell you...I happened across your blog and it worried me for weeks...as a fellow believer I felt obligated to say something to you, but thought maybe it would be better coming from your pastor ... I am sorry if it caused you any duress. Here is Alyssa's story and the reason I contacted you. http://allysjourney.blogspot.com/?zx=a4b28abcd14bfcfd

    ReplyDelete