Yellowstone - Mammoth Hot Springs

We had a great time in Yellowstone. It was sooo wonderful for my family to get to meet Abi Mei! I'm still amazed that it happened -- my parents and all my siblings, nieces and nephews (minus one) got to meet their new granddaughter/niece/cousin all at the same time. Wow!

We took three days to get there, even though it was only a 10 hour drive. :) But since we were only home for four days before leaving again, we thought we better break up the trip really well. We left on Wednesday the first at about 4:30pm and drove to Boise with a dinner break in La Grande. Then on Thursday the second, we headed to Island Park in the afternoon, where we stayed the night in a little cabin. And on Friday the third, we drove to West Yellowstone and into the park for our first Yellowstone adventure - Mammoth Hot Springs. After that, we drove back to West Yellowstone to meet my family at a fabulous KOA campground. We all stayed in little cabins, and my parents stayed in their RV.

I'm going to do several posts of pictures from the trip. Here is the first installment - Mammoth Hot Springs!

We stayed with my Grandma in Boise en route to Yellowstone. Abigail got to meet her great-grandma!

Overall, Abi did a wonderful job traveling!!

She thinks so too.

Surprisingly, Elk were awaiting us at Mammoth Hot Springs!

Abi LOVED the elk, and tried to jump out of my arms many times to go touch them. :) PS: Does she not have the cutest face EVER??




My hot husband!


It's amazing to me that nature made this!

It was a wonderful first day in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment